Sunday, May 23, 2010

Change is on the Wind

Change is on the Wind here at the Porowski household. Kim is moving out in 2 weeks - going on to Grad school in Atlanta Georgia. She will be there for 3 1/2 years and then who knows what she will be doing. We are also thinking of spending a few years teaching English as a Foreign Language in Mongolia. Dick and I just passed our TEFL course which consisted of 3 grueling weekends - 60 hours in total of intensive learning. It was a good course and very helpful.

However, change always is unsettling, though can be exciting if one has the adventuresome spirit. Challenge is always a good motivator and a spur up the backside to get moving. The best thing is that God is in control. His leading is my safety. His loving care is my strength and support. His assurance is my confidence. Change may be like a storm in that everything is in motion, unsettled, and a bit frightening, but God is in change, often bringing it about. There is no safe place but in the center of God's will. Here is peace. Here is where I choose to stay and stay put.

1 comment:

  1. correction: I will be there for 3 years total, not 3 1/2 :)

    ReplyDelete